Friday, April 5, 2013

11:35 PM

Spring quarter has finally begun! I'm actually really excited for this quarter because it means it's almost summer. On the real tho, the thought of summer makes me so ridiculously happy. I can't wait to be reunited with everyone & staying out late doing everything & anything. Nothin' but good vibes & good people. ^_^

Anyways, my schedule for this quarter's goes a littttttle late on Mondays & Wednesdays (I end at 6:30 PM) but the sun's still up by the time I'm out of class so it's all good! I don't have class on Fridays either so I guess it's more time for myself & God. I kinda gave up on doing devos this year after I missed a week so my walk with God has been a little off. But I've been blessed with housemates who continue to push me to read the Word & I've kinda picked it back up? I lovelovelove the book of Romans & I've also started reading Hosea. It's amazing reading about a man who obeys the Lord no matter what (ie: marrying a prostitute) & it really pushes me to become an obedient woman of God. I continue to forget God's on my side & have been taking my problems into my own hands but reading Hosea & Romans really put me back on track.

I came home this weekend because my grandma's leaving California & going back to Oklahoma with my aunt because there's no one here that can really take care of her & we decided to have one last dinner for her. I guess I was somewhat close to my grandma, but at the same time I regret not spending enough time with her. I never went out of my way to visit her & the only times we would see each other would be at family get-togethers like Thanksgiving & Christmas. The fact that tonight was probably the last time I'd ever see her is taking its time to hit me. This is the woman who always drove from Arcadia to Diamond Bar to babysit me when I was a kid, whose secret ingredient for delicious spaghetti was cut up hot dogs, & who sewed all my ripped clothes back up. I hate that it's taken me this long to realize how much of an impact she's had on my life & I hate that I'll never be able to thank her for everything she's done for me. Let this be a note to continuously thank the people who have made you into a better person & to spend as much as you can with them. 

Once again, I can NOT wait for the summer & for September!!! So excited for Boston (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment